At Serkland Law Firm, we have extensive experience in representing plaintiffs and defending corporations and other business entities in complex, national class action cases.
A class action case allows an individual or a small group of people to be represented by a law firm and sue on behalf of hundreds or thousands of other people who have similar complaints against a defendant or small group of defendants. The law allows class actions in situations where it would be difficult for each plaintiff to sue individually. These cases often involve representation in multiple jurisdictions, and they may involve securities fraud, antitrust, consumer fraud, insurance or lending abuses, employment law, product liability, mass torts or environmental torts.
The lawyers on our team have secured multi-million dollar awards for plaintiffs in class action cases involving oil and mineral leasing rights, and have defended corporations against cases involving asbestos and prescription medications.
Whether you are considering serving as an individual class member or defending your business against a class action suit, our in-depth experience in complex commercial law and class action suits is invaluable to you.
BUSINESS LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
We regularly advise and negotiate a variety of business and commercial transactions including the following:
- Debt Instruments
- Debt Restructuring
- Equipment Purchases and Lease
- Establishing Corporations, Partnerships, LLP’s, LLLP’s, LLC’s, Limited Partnerships and Liability Insulation
- Loan Agreements
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Buyouts
- Promissory Notes
- Receivable Agreements
- Security Agreements and Financing Statements
- Shareholder, Partnership, and other Corporate Agreements
- UCC Documentation
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
Our commercial litigation attorneys have worked with clients to obtain expansive experience in the following areas:
- Bankruptcy (Farm and Corporate)
- Breach of Contract Actions
- Fiduciary and Trust Litigation
- Landlord / Tenant Disputes
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Real Estate Disputes
- Replevin and Debt Collection
- Shareholder Disputes