Berly Nelson joined the Serkland Law Firm in 2004 and has been a shareholder since 2011. Berly is a Fargo native. He studied Political Science at the University of North Dakota, where he served as Student Body President. Mr. Nelson attended the University of North Dakota School of Law, and worked as a law clerk at the Cass County State’s Attorney’s office in Fargo until he joined the firm.
Berly practices in the areas of commercial and general civil litigation, with focuses on Estate and Trust litigation and Banking litigation. He is licensed to practice in North Dakota and Minnesota and has tried cases in both states. He has argued before the North Dakota Supreme Court and the Minnesota Court of Appeals. Berly has been a guest speaker at the Minnesota Probate & Trust Law Section Conference.
When he isn’t working, Berly enjoys spending time with his wife and children, as well as attending their many sporting events.
Areas of Practice
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court – District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court – District of North Dakota
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court – District of Minnesota
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion to the Great Plains Super Lawyers list for Banking (2020), and recognized as a Rising Star in Great Plains Super Lawyers (2016-2018).
- Juris Doctor – University of North Dakota School of Law (2004)
- Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Political Science and Minor in History – University of North Dakota (2001)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Cass County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association, including Probate and Trust Law Section
- Youth Soccer and Baseball Coach
- North Dakota Bankers Association
If you are interested in working with Berly for your case, contact him today.