Joseph Wetch has been a shareholder at Serkland Law Firm since 2008. Since joining the firm in 2001, he has been active in litigation matters. Joseph has lectured on legal ethics, FMLA, ADA, and the use of medical records in litigation.
Areas of Practice
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- U.S. District Court – District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Juris Doctor – University of North Dakota School of Law (2001), with Distinction
- Bachelor of Arts with Magna Cum Laude – University of North Dakota ( 1998)
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion to the Great Plains Super Lawyers list 2013 – present.
- Selected as a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation 2013-2017.
- Recognized by Chambers USA in General Commercial Litigation 2008-2015.
- Selected as a 2014 Top Rated Lawyer in Medical Malpractice Law
- Designated as AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell in 2013.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar Association of North Dakota – Board of Governors; President 2015-2016
- Tribal Court Turtle Mountain Bar Admission, 2004
- American Bar Association
- Cass County Bar Association
- North Dakota Association for Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Law Institute
- Lawyer-Pilot Bar Association
- Aircraft Owners and Pilot Association
- International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association
- Aviation and Space Committee of the American Bar Association
- Constitutional Law-First Amendment-Commercial Speech: Broadcasters come up all 7s: Advertising of Casinos and Gambling, Greater New Orleans Broadcasters Association v. United States, North Dakota Law Review, Vol. 76, No. 1, Pg. 161
If you would like to work with Joseph, contact him today.