Joseph has been a Shareholder at Serkland Law Firm since 2001. Since starting at the firm, he has been active in litigation matters. Joseph has lectured on legal ethics, FMLA, ADA, and the use of medical records in litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial law
- Complex Commercial Litigation and Class Actions
- Insurance Litigation
- Negligence and Personal Injury
- Professional Disciplinary Action Defense
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- School and Education law
- North Dakota, 2001
- S. District Court District of North Dakota, 2001
- Minnesota, 2002
- S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- South Dakota, 2015
- S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2003
- Juris Doctor – University of North Dakota School of Law (2001)
- Honors: With Distinction
- Bachelor of Arts with Magna Cum Laude – University of North Dakota ( 1998)
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation 2013-2017.
- Designated as AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell in 2013.
- Recognized by Chambers USA in General Commercial Litigation 2008-2015.
- Selected for inclusion to the Great Plains Super Lawyers list 2013 – present.
- Selected as a 2014 Top Rated Lawyer in Medical Malpractice Law
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tribal Court Turtle Mountain
- Bar Admission, 2004
- American Bar Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota – Board of Governors; President 2015-2016
- Cass County Bar Association
- North Dakota Association for Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Law Institute (ex officio)
- Constitutional Law-First Amendment-Commercial Speech: Broadcasters come up all 7s: Advertising of Casinos and Gambling, Greater New Orleans Broadcasters Association v. United States, North Dakota Law Review, Vol. 76, No. 1, Pg. 161
If you would like to work with Joseph, contact him today.
Joseph is licensed to practice in North Dakota and Minnesota. He currently serves the communities of Fargo, Moorhead, Grand Forks, Valley City, Jamestown, Minot, Bismarck, Alexandria, Wahpeton, Cooperstown, Glyndon, and Dilworth.